The SSBR Vision and Mission
The SSBR Vision
They say education is a great leveller. However this isn’t true when it comes to the quality of higher education. A vast majority of the world’s population doesn’t have access to good quality education.
Education is the key to our students’ future. SSBR strives to enable students to acquire that key by providing an alternative path to gaining a Bachelor, Master or Doctorate qualification, and setting them on the course of a lifelong practice of self-motivated learning, in an environment that prepares them for a successful life in the global 21st century. With the help of technology, we aim to change the status quo by offering Swiss quality online education at prices that are accessible to everyone.
The SSBR Mission
Andragogical Guiding Ideas
• Student are incentivized to feel the need to learn
• Students have some input into what, why, and how they learn
• The learning’s content and processes have a meaningful relationship to the learner’s past experience.
• The student’s experience is used as a learning resource.
• What is to be learned relates to the individual’s current life situation and tasks.
• The students lifestyle and learning styles are taken into account.
• There is a cooperative learning climate
• We arrange for a diagnosis of learner needs and interests and enable the formulation of learning objectives based on the diagnosed needs and interests • We design sequential activities for achieving the objectives