PHD BY portfolio
A PhD by Portfolio can be completed within one year. The award enables candidates to obtain academic recognition for pre-existing research, comprehensive research skills and professional subject knowledge that meets a doctoral level.
The programme is completed remotely, suitable for hard-working executives who cannot afford to take time away from work.
A PhD by Portfolio will provide an opportunity to gain a competitive advantage in today’s workforce and the confidence to further career prospects. It will enhance key business skills and make it possible to successfully achieve professional and personal goals.
Practical learning, projects and learning through research.
All programmes are totally flexible and can be started at any time. Work at your own pace.
Our mentors and support team are available to make sure that your journey to attaining a PhD is seamless.
Tuition Fees : € 7,490 per year
Discounts available for payments made in full prior to commencing the programme. Payment plans are available.
Assessment and verification
Flexible courses to fit around your busy schedule
Highly qualified and experienced Professors and Mentors available to help you on your path to attaining your PhD by Portfolio.
WHAT IS THE STRUCTURE OF THE PHD BY PORTFOLIO?
The PhD by Portfolio programme is a fast-track programme that takes place entirely ONLINE. Students can complete the programme within 1 academic year, to acquire a Swiss quality Doctorate Degree. The programme has 240 ECTS (European Transfer Credit System).
Our PhD candidates are guided throughout the entire programme by an experienced Professor and Business Mentor, working to complete 3 research-based projects.
Project 1 – Leadership and Strategic Management
Project 2 – Problem-Solving and Decision-Making
Project 3 – Specialist Area (Finance, HR, Marketing, Management, Operations, Accounting)
Each project is worth 80 ECTS credits.
Request a brochure with detailed information about our PhD by Portfolio Doctorate Degree here.
WHAT ARE THE LEARNING OUTCOMES?
- To demonstrate knowledge of the most advanced frontiers of a field of work
- To evidence the most advanced and specialised skills and techniques including synthesis and evaluation, required to solve critical business problems and to extend or redefine professional practice
- To develop new ideas or processes at the forefront of work
- To deliver substantial authority, innovation, authority and professional integrity
- Master’s degree or equivalent, preferably in a related field
- IELTS 6.0 / TOEFL 75 (official English exam results) or proof of studying previously in an English-speaking environment for a minimum of 2 years.
- Scanned copy of all required academic diplomas, transcripts and certificates
- Extensive previous business/professional experience
- Photocopy of a valid passport/national ID
- Resumé or CV
- Reference letters from a former academic institution or from current employer (if applicable)
- Students will have to receive employer approval to participate in this programme*
*Research Material Confidentiality
All information provided as part of the PhD by Portfolio will be maintained confidential. Only the PhD candidate involved in the project, their mentor/supervisor and head of the research department of SSBR will have access to the information in the research. All information will be stored in compliance with SSBR guidelines. Confidentiality of information provided is subject to legal restrictions. SSBR will retain the candidate’s name on their research to be able to match it across to other data collected on their assignments.
Data will be kept to provide on-going information on the topic. Publication on any sensitive information will only be done with the explicit permission of the author and the company involved; alternatively, the name of the company will not be mentioned. This information will not be used for purposes other than that mentioned and will not be delivered to third parties, in accordance with the data protection principles of the Swiss Data Protection Act 2020 (DPA).
We want to know your specific needs so that we can provide you with the perfect programme solution. Let us know what you require and we will be pleased to help you on your academic journey.